1. fierce; cruel; savagely brutal.
2. brutally harsh; vitriolic; scathing: his truculent criticism of her work.
3. aggressively hostile; belligerent.
To provide impactful comedy sports writing that exemplifies the satirical concept of truculence in sport: we’re passionate about what we do, we handle it professionally, but it’s a game – and everyone involved, at their most honest level, is always half kidding.
Provided by an emerging graphic designer, Patrick Haggert.
- The Toronto Truculent is actually based in Waterloo, Ontario.
- The site was launched October 5, 2010.
- The site is powered by Drupal CMS 6.19, information that only some of you will understand and even fewer will find to be in any way useful.
- Multiple thousands of unique readers have visited the site since it was created, but the specific number will be kept purposefully vague so that it can be organically adjusted depending on which conversation it comes up in.
- The Dion Phaneuf Photoshop to your right took longer than the Brett Lawrie Photoshop to your left.
- All of the "Truculence!" navigation boxes visible on several pages (and not just Burke's quote below) initially featured Mike Komisarek. We aren't sure why, either.
- The site did also initially cover the Toronto Raptors, just long enough to realize it did not want to cover the Toronto Raptors.
- It is physically impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- The Toronto skyline in the site's background is not depicted to scale; however, if the MLSE condo projects around the ACC continue at their current rate, our whole interface my accurately represent the view from Toronto Island looking downtown in about five years.
- Lists containing an even number of items, like ten, are inherently more pleasing to the eye.